Ten Marvelous Things Over My Not So Marvelous Holiday Break
1. My aunt gave me a package of tiny post-it notes. They now paper my wall with names of girls I need to e-mail, my online class passwords and codes, the phone number of my favorite tattoo and piercing studio, and happy smiles from Roommate.
2. My dad gave me the best Christmas gift ever in a pair of new, very nice, baby blue headphones. Roommate will never have to complain about hearing a Gwen Stefani song ever again.
3. I am more motivated to work hard in all of my classes. I've learned to value them more.
4. I truly miss my sisters and want to be with them again as soon as possible.
5. I have found a renewed appreciation for my friends who have become my family on campus. I have also found the value of older women who care about me. It is so beautiful to me that I can go to one of the women on campus and ask her for advice and tell her about my problems in a way that my own mother doesn't welcome.
6. I have a renewed appreciation for people who value me. There are people on campus and off who value my writing ability, my personality, my ideas, my company. I love it!
7. I have a drawer filled with food from my aunt.
8. I can handle the snow and the cold.
9. I have a renewed appreciation for reading and all the knowledge inside of a book.
10. My love for everything is just spilling out of me and I can't hold it inside.
Life is defined be renewal.